Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Behind the Scenes--What I'm Working On Now

Today I have a touch of writer's block, ugh! So I will talk about what I am doing at the moment and other random things.

I am at Starbucks, staring at the blank computer screen and also doing a bit of hand-sewing. I am sewing binding on my burp cloths. It's a new and improved design although I have had no complaints about the old design!



I have been using Facebook as a tool to generate business and it's working better than I expected. As interest grows, I will post tips on how to use Facebook to grow your handmade business! I'm still experimenting and learning what works and doesn't work, so I will take notes and publish them later when I know more about what I'm talking about so you can get the benefit!

I do have exciting news today. I am getting a logo! Marty, my wonderful brother-in-law, happens to be a great graphic designer and I've asked him to create something for Grass Floor Stitchery. He is going to create a Facebook inset photo/logo, an Etsy shop banner, and business cards!

Today I also hope to learn how to link to a PDF or other picture file to this blog so that I can post templates or patterns to the how-to's that I post here. That is part of the problem with my writer's block today! I have a cute idea for a baby rattle soft sphere tutorial that I have made and gotten rave reviews about, but I don't know how to post my template yet.


Now I'm home and it's almost 7 am. Last night I managed to get my printer working again, another yay! Turns out when I upgraded to Windows 7 I should have uninstalled my printer first, then reinstalled it. Well, it's done now. I had to call a number I found in my printer's instruction packet (installation cd was missing) and the guy on the phone just took over my computer and did it all for me. Guess he thought by my not being able to find the driver software online that I was a computer nincompoop and he needed to just do it. And I have to say a BIG thank you to my friend Stephen who left the computer-to-printer USB cable plugged into the back of the printer (printer is wireless). Otherwise, that would probably have gone the way of the installation cd as well.

The dogs are MUCH happier today after our big romp in the field after I got refreshed at Starbucks by myself for a while. The rain on Sunday threw us off and we just didn't do anything that day. We will go on a walk this morning to make sure we don't fall into that trap again! I realized yesterday when I got home that I needed to get out with my doggies as much as they did! I just wasn't feeling right either, and Starbucks didn't completely cure me.


So tonight I am working on the PDF upload issue, and hopefully by Thursday (my next work-for-me day after today) I will have that baby rattle tag ball tute for you! Thanks for reading....

No comments:

Post a Comment